Shrove Tuesday is upon us and that means only one thing: pancakes! And we’ve got a super simple pancake recipe for you to make at home.
250g plain flour
2 tsp melted butter
600ml whole milk
50g caster sugar
1. Put all of the ingredients into a bowl and then whisk to a form a smooth batter.
2. Rest for half an hour if you have the time to spare, or start cooking straight away.
3. Put your oven on its lowest setting – you’ll want to pile your pancakes on a plate to keep them warm while you cook.
4. Add a little oil to a frying pan and set it over a medium heat.
5. When hot, cook each pancake for 1 minute on each side, or until golden.
6. Serve with your favourite filling!